Nagala-It has happened again

Posted: February 18, 2009 in Life, Travel, Trek
Tags: , , , , , ,


Beach Road

Beach Road

My 2nd trip to the Nagala mountains. I trekked after a very long time. It was DP last time and was very lucky enough to get Archie’s company this time. On contrast to the first trip, this was just a one day trek. The day unusually started @ 2:30 am in the morning. Packing things and a very early morning bath @ 3 made me fresh. I pitied on myself


My PULSAR roared the beach road. I wondered why all the neon lamps were on in that empty road. We were in front of Tidel sharp by 4. Balaji was the first to be met and then got introduced to our beloved Uncle, Mr. Giridharan. Formal introductions were on and the team geared up for the trek soon. The half an hour wait @ Koyambedu made us impatient but soon we were into action by 5:30.  

CTC @ Hotel

CTC @ Hotel

The ride @ 80s, 90s were really awesome. The fingers were numb when we stopped for a while to pick our breakfast. Debra, Ricky and Live were the new faces we got in touch with.  The sun was up by the time and the journey started again. Archie wanted to try out her biking skills. She had a very,very decent drive by the time our sweeper left us behind. We managed to catch them soon and had a pleasant drive till the Nagala base. I saw a different base this time whn compared to the Nag-2 trip, here we drove on a rocky road. 

Backpacks packed with the food, glucon D and other essentials, the trek started pretty well @ around 10.  The organizers gave us the instructions and we marched towards the pool. We reached their very soon and got into the coool waters. It was deep as said by other swimmers where I felt the absence of Mr. Peter. He who pulled me out of the water  @ TADA  and helped to swim across to the falls @ NAGALA, @ my earlier treks.  Glee caught me as I was dipping into the waters so did the COLD. We finished our breakfast and

Me & Archie

Me & Archie

started climbing the steep mountain and descended to reach the stream.  We really missed Mahi & Tanmoy. Archie felt lonesome without a Hindi speaking companion while we got introduced to Mahesh, Rahul, Praveen, Animesh and to an IITian (forgot his name)  in the mean time. 

The trek had lots of breaks and had gave us enough time to rest. Refreshed after an half an hour back we trekked further towards the stream. We came across many pools and stopped @ around 2 for lunch. The Pongal went in and invited sleep.  After sufficient rest, we came back the same route to reach our starting point. The upclimb was @ a different point where the rocks were really loose and we had to step carefully. 

A big rock came down falling and someone was warning us from the top about it. One of our friend got terrified. He lost control and fell down on our UNCLE.  Our Uncle was strong enough to take control of the situation. We ascended slowly to the top and got tothe view point. Got introduced to Basha, Dhinesh, RC, Karthik and some more gentlemen;

Lots of interesting incidents happened:



Archie, Rahul and Animesh started Antakshari  in a language which is alien to me. No other go for me except listening to it. 😀 

My IIT friend took a book out of his bag and was reading it. We all acknowledged that he is from IIT and requested him to put it in.   

When the big loose rocks were rolling, one of my junior called me and ask me to clarify some technical stuffs in j2ee. I had to reply him that my life is @ stake now and wud call him if I reach home safely :-).

All of us climbed up successfully and again descended the slope to reach the starting point. We rested for a while and started marching towards the base where we parked our vehicle. 


Inviting us again

Inviting us again

 Some in our batch lost track and had taken a different route but reached safely to the parking place. We were amused to see Anand coming  and settling the accounts, instantly. The stay lasted for 30 mins and we started our trip back home. The return journey of about 100 km on the same day was a bit painful with the whole body aching.

The tea @ Oothukottai refreshed us and we 3 bikers gathered together for the return journey. We maintained a constant speed around 50 where @ 1 occasion my bike went in freely into a big pot hole. Balance was intact and nothing great happened. Seconds later we started and reached Chennai around 10. It was too late for us to skip the dinner @ chennai deluxe and we preferred to dine in @ Murugan Idli Kadai @ GN Chetty Rd. A couple of idlies made us feel so ecstatic and we returned home with a great sense of pleasure and pain.

Chk out my album @

The Team

The Team


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s